Tuesday, March 10, 2009

3rd Ironman New Zealand...

I'm back home on the Sunny Coast after my week in Taupo.

I've come home with an overwhelming feeling that I missed my opportunity. I had such an amazing swim that put me in a great position, and I let the advantage slip away from me. I want a replay! I don't feel down about it, I just feel excited and keen to race again. I had the swim and the run, and I think I should have been faster on the bike.

So I've been a bit rash...and am planning to race again pretty soon! Otherwise I feel like I'm wasting my fitness. I feel really good, and seem to be pulling up extremely well. If I was in my 20s it would be a different story, but I'm 35, and have limited time left. So I want to make the most of my time now, and race. I've never been this fit at this time of year before, and I just want to go with it.

I'm still writing my race report- coming soon...
Thanks to everyone who sent me messages, and congrats, I really appreciate it, it so drives me on!

Charlotte

No comments: