Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Things are hotting up...


Roth

Apart from the weather, which has been shocking the last few days, rainy, cloudy and windy.

Everyone is starting to arrive in town, and the signs and tents are appearing. It's getting exciting. We went to a breakfast this morning in Hipoltstein, organised for the English speaking athletes, which was fun. It has apparently become a tradition.

We explored the run course yesterday by mountain bike and then ran a section of it. It looks good...really good:) My favourite part of the race. There's a nice section from T2 to the canal, that goes through the forest, which you then return on to the finish. It looks like a fast last few kilometres. And the canal... it goes on and on, and I would expect at any other race would be a desolate stretch, but not here!

So it all looks good.

Nike gave me a pair of new racing flats just before I left, and I gave them a test run yesterday too- they are awesome:) They are my magic shoes! They are made with a super light rubber that is used in space. They weigh not much over 100 grams- and it is really noticeable. They are called Lunar Lites, and are yet to be released in Australia. They're a neutral shoe that will come also in a training shoe. I'll let you know how they go over the marathon.

This might be my last post pre race, as it all starts to get a bit hectic from here on in. Parents arriving tomorrow...

I feel good, and confident, and I think this course really suits me and the training I have been doing. I hope to make you all proud, and I thank all my sponsors, training partners, friends and family for their support.

Charlotte

No comments: