Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Scody Aussie Long Course Champs

Unfortunately I had to watch this one from the sidelines. I had to take it easy after Geelong and get over the chest infection once and for all.
I am a good spectator, I don't itch to be out there. If I was itching to be out there- I would be! I had lots of friends and TriSpecific training partners out there racing, and it was great to see some really well deserved PRs.
Congrats to Leon Griffin, who absolutely smashed it, and Nicole Ward the new Aussie champs.
Nicole was very close to Abi Bayley from the UK going into the last lap of the run. Kristian and I counted the time gap for her, and he gave her one of his trademark yells that turns everyones heads! "YOU CAN DO THIS NICOLE, IT'S YOURS, ONLY A MINUTE AND A HALF, COME ON" with heartfelt passion and enthusiasm. I'm used to being on the receiving end of such a yell and it welled tears in my eyes. I knew what she must have been feeling...I could see the concentration on her face...when you are giving it everything...and you get that extra burst of adrenalin when you hear someone yell like that...
It's hard to explain, but very exciting, and I found myself thinking "I can't wait to race again..."

Charlotte

No comments: