Monday, March 10, 2008

A change of plans...

I've just got back from a long weekend training in Port Macquarie- home of Ironman Australia. The weather was sensational and I got some great training in with the Challenge Corp. The bike course is a lot of fun to ride and the scenery is just fantastic. It was definitely a "feel good" weekend. For those coming to Port for the first time- you'll love it!

However, I have decided not to race Ironman here next month. I'm really happy with this decision as it allows me to focus on my goal races for the year; Roth, Hawaii and WA. There was a long time of indecision, but now that I have finally decided I am very happy and know it's the right thing to do.

I'll still be up in Port for the whole week. I'll be working with Kristian on the Trigger Point stand at the expo- come and say hello! And supporting the TriSpecific athletes as they make their final preparations. On race day I'll be helping the media team as a spotter for the women's pro race. I'm really excited about seeing all the action from a bird's eye view. Apparently Welchy was a spotter in Hawaii in 1993, saw the race from an entirely different perspective- the rest is history!

See you up there.
Charlotte

No comments: