Monday, August 25, 2008

Congratulations Belinda


Belinda all smiles up Yellow Lake- making it look soooo easy! She rode only 11 minutes slower than Rhodes...!

I am pleased that my friend Belinda Granger had another cracking race today, and won IM Canada in 9.17.
If there is a female in the sport that I would like to emulate it is Belinda. She is the most consistent female Ironman athlete I know. She just loves the sport, loves racing and it shows. She deserved the win today as she dominated the women's race. Congrats also to Ali Fitch, who put together a personal best performance to come 2nd in 9.26.

Today was inspiring. The winners were grinners. I know what it feels like and I know what it takes. I'm coming back here next year to race, and I'm going to make it my mission to be in shape to challenge Belinda.- Belinda you are my goal, please take this as a complement!:) as you are driving and inspiring me to be a better athlete. I know why you love this course Belinda, it is sensational, and to ride it well must be a fantastic feeling.


This guy in the bleechers was an absolute turkey! He stood there dancing for ages, holding up a business card and a cigar...then when race sponsors were announced he booed them...and held up various products that he perhaps was trying to promote?? A running shoe, a gel, some electrolytes...it was the strangest thing I have ever seen. And it was funny watching people watching him.

The top 3 women celebrating; Belinda, Ali and Heather Wurtele.

No comments: