Friday, February 27, 2009

"If you do the thing you fear...

The death of fear is certain."
Emerson.


One of my favorite quotes.

Today I had my least favorite training session. Yes in the pool- how did you guess??:)
I sometimes dread this session. It's really tough, and if I'm tired its even tougher. I often have to use a pull buoy just to complete the set without totally losing my form. But the problem is that I psyche myself out before I even start...

So today...I changed my attitude. I wanted the session to be a confidence boost before NZ-not demoralizing! So I've been listening to my "Success Mastery Academy" audio cds by Brian Tracy (best selling author and public speaker), and he made me think about why I don't like this session. It's the fear of failure. So I decided there was nothing to be afraid of. I would do the repeats as well as I could. I was confident that I could hit my desired splits.

And guess what? I did hit my splits. I did this session better than ever before. It's such a good feeling. Doing the thing you fear boosts self esteem and gives you confidence. It makes you like yourself. You keep doing the thing you fear, and your self esteem goes up and up and up! You like yourself more and more, you develop a bias for action and you become...UNSTOPPABLE!!

Brian makes me feel like I can take on the World!

Charlotte

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Charlotte! I read your Blog regularly to see what you've been up to, there's always something inspiring just like your entry above. Good luck in NZ. Chinki

Charlotte said...

thank you Chinki, I'm glad!
I'm very excited.
I'm watching what could be a double win for the Noosa crew in Malaysia right now- getting inspired too!

X CP